Almost every mortgage transaction will require an appraisal of the subject property. On Jan. 5, Sally Salisbury from Neighborhood Mortgage will discuss these frequently asked questions:
- What is the purpose of an appraisal?
- Is the appraisal the same as a home inspection?
- What do they cost so much?
- Why does the appraised value always seem to be the sales price?
- What happens if the home appraises for less than the sales price?
Please note: This week's meeting takes place at the Neighborhood Mortgage office in Bakerview Square.